Your little ones will love these frozen yogurt dots from Ella’s Kitchen, especially when everyone needs a cool treat on these hot summer days.
Frozen yogurt dots
1/4 cup fruit puree (see recipe below)
1/4 cup thick plain yogurt
What to do
- Mix together the fruit puree and yogurt in a bowl.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and place tablespoons of the yogurt mixture in individual piles on the paper.
- Place in the freezer for 2–3 hours until firm, then transfer to a freezer-proof bag and keep in the freezer for up to one month.
Sunny berries fruit puree
makes 9 ice cubes
1 cup frozen mixed summer berries, defrosted
teaspoon vanilla extract
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optional)
What to do
- Puree the berries and vanilla extract in a food processor, or using an immersion blender, until smooth.
- Pass the puree through a strainer to remove any seeds and add a pinch of black pepper (if using).
- Use cup for your yogurt dots and put the rest in ice cube trays and freeze.
What is your child(ren)’s favorite cool treat in the summer?
The First Foods Book brims with recipes guaranteed to set tiny taste buds alight. With every recipe specifically developed for its nutritional content, as well as for its yummy flavor, and with the Ella’s Kitchen stamp of approval on every page,this is set to become every parent’s must-have guide to weaning.