Looking for the perfect gift for your man? I asked some card-carrying-dudes to email me a list of gift ideas they’d love to receive from their wives. Ladies, here’s the inside scoop:
- Create a book of coupons redeemable for treats specific to your husband’s likes. Make sure these treats are guy focused. Good coupons for men typically involve more spice than sugar.
- Make some DIY scratch-off tickets where he can become an instant winner. Don’t overthink it. Most guys are pretty clear on what brings them cheer. Check Pinterest for instructions on how to make DIY scratch-off tickets.
- Celebrate the 12 Days of …well, summer… (and I’m not talking about French hens or turtle doves).
- Buy some smokin’ hot lingerie and give them to him on date night. A cheaper option could be a strategically placed gift bow.
- Take a break from the dog days of summer and plan a date night. Make this date stand out by surprising him with a night’s stay at a hotel.
- Kiss under the mistletoe . . . A LOT! (Don’t have mistletoe? That should stay up year round.)
- Send your husband on a scavenger hunt around the house to find gifts wrapped in red. Gifts could include: a candle, massage oil, a CD, strawberries, champagne, and then you, also wrapped in red.
- Not looking forward to that boring office barbeque? Spice things up by giving your husband a pair of sexy panties during the party. Plan of action: take a trip to the girls’ room, take off the panties, discreetly place them in his hand when you return, and smile sweetly. Suddenly that party’s not so boring. (This is, of course, easiest if you’re wearing a cute sundress or a skirt, but feel free to pull this off by carrying the panties in your purse and let him think you wore them.)
- Dance in the kitchen. The kids may join in on the dancing, but you can whisper in his ear the plans you have for him after the kids go to bed.
- End a night of grilling and catching fireflies with a dance choreographed just for him. Solomon’s wife did it. You can too.
Ditch the hum drum that sets in as the hot days of summer slip by. You’ll be glad you did, and so will he.
Tasha Levert has a Ph.D. in marriage and family therapy from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. She is married to the hottest youth pastor on the planet, Tim Levert, and together they have three beautiful girls (14, 11, and 9) and a lazy miniature schnauzer. Tasha has a counseling practice in New Orleans, and one of her favorite topics for treatment is sexuality and women.