- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint mashed fresh strawberries
- 2 drops red food coloring
- Mix together milk, cream, sugar, salt, vanilla, lemon,strawberries and food coloring in a large bowl.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and prepare according to your maker’s instructions.
To make sundaes, use plain waffles (I used frozen but you could make your own too), strawberry ice cream, strawberry syrup, whipped cream and fresh-picked strawberries.
When the ice cream was ready, we got out some special china and had a little picnic in the backyard! I think we have ourselves a new family tradition.