Wholeness + Completeness
There is a greeting in many Semitic languages that can be traced back to the same root. The words vary from dialect to dialect – shalom in Hebrew, salaam in Arabic – but the semantics are the same. Peace be with you. The root meaning translates to “whole, safe, intact” – implying that to be at peace with others and ourselves requires that we carry alongside us a deep sense of wholeness, completeness and even safeness. What does it mean to be truly at peace with ourselves? And if we were to truly be at peace within our own beings, how radically could that change the world around us? In a season in which we talk a lot about peace, yet often find ourselves living in chaos, we are going to take a closer look at what peace – in the sense of the words shalom and salaam – looks like. And how it might transform our understanding of how we move through the world.
Here are some article ideas:
- How can we redefine wholeness
- Showing up for yourself
- Redefining hospitality
- Not feeling “good” at hospitality, while still being hospitable
- Dealing with stress
- How to deal with introverted-ness in times of fellowship
- How do you and your family stay “healthy” (physically, spiritually) in the midst of the seasonal rush
- Tell us about a person in your life that embodies peace or a special place that encompasses peace
- How do you promote “peace” in your home
- Finding space for shalom in the everyday
- What area in your life is in the greatest need of wholeness and safety
- Letting go of places or people who do not help/encourage you to pursue wholeness
Submission Deadline: November 17, 2016
How to submit
Send us your article at content@MOPS.org.
For more information about the tone of our materials and our submission process read our writer’s guidelines (Insider hint: We take these very seriously, so it’s important you take a peek before submitting.)
Just so you know, all articles are received on speculation. We will respond to all submissions when they are received to confirm submission with the submission agreement. If your article is selected for publishing, we will email you in advance with the date we will be publishing and the permalink for your records.
And Since You Always Ask
Yes, you may send material that has been previously posted. Just make sure it meets our editorial needs first. Because, again, we take those pretty seriously.
What About General Content?
Yes, we certainly accept general articles about parenting, mothering and woman-related issues. In fact, we’re always up for a good tear-jerker or one of those stories that gets us laughing. We welcome those submissions through the same submissions process, but we should tell you up front that since we’re a theme-based magazine, we only publish a few.
For more information, about Hello, Dearest read about who we are and what makes us tick.