We are seeking a wide variety of content, especially distinct forms, for the upcoming issue of our magazine. We highly value unique perspectives or novel thought processes with a diversity of voices and experiences as well as variations in content lengths. Unique forms and perspectives will have a better chance of being published.
Deadline: Monday, April 12, 2021
- Essay or narrative (word count: 600-800)
- How-to (word count: 600-800)
- Social experiment – I tried ________ for 30 days (word count: 600-1000)
- Satire/humor (word count: 400-800)
- Opinion (word count: 400-800)
- Poetry or fiction shorts (word count: 300-800)
- Original art — watercolor, graphic design, hand lettering, cartoon, photography, etc. (finalized art CMYK 8.75×11.25 300dpi, art concepts or works in progress can be submitted in any format)
SPECIFIC IDEAS FOR THIS ISSUE:
- What is something that has been instrumental in helping you find your power?
- What is something you are embracing about yourself that has led to greater freedom in your life?
- Have you ever given up social media for a period of time? Write about what you learned from that experiment.
- Write about a time when you asked for what you wanted or what you needed.
- How has practicing vulnerability been powerful in your life?
- Write about fear in a way we haven’t heard before.
- Tell a story about bringing something from out of the darkness and into the light in your life.
- How has someone empowered you? Or how have you empowered others: your partner, your kid(s), your community, yourself?
- Tell a story about the power of forgiveness in your life.
- Write a poem about darkness and light.