You want to know what’s great about June, darling? Well, there are lots of things. Butoneof the great things about June is how Jubilant it is. That’s why we’re celebrating Jubilant June, by offering a giveaway every day for the next week. (Because nothing says jubilant like a giveaway, amiright?!) We have a wide variety of things to giveaway items – from books to pacifier holders to Smuckers Fruit-Fulls! Come back daily and celebrate June with us!
Today we’re giving away the beautiful wall hanging in the photo above. If you’re a writer, read on to see our current writing needs. If not, scroll to the bottom to get entered!
Writers, we need you. We are at our best over here at Hello, Darling when we have a variety of voices. For the month of August we’re going to be talking about marriage and sex, and we want to know what you have to say on the topic.
The Summer 2014 issue of Hello, Darling is focused on the Privilege of Femininity. We spent a lot of hours, and much heartache putting together what it means to be a woman, and now we want to keep that conversation going over topics more in depth.
Here are some topics that might spur some interest for you.
(But don’t feel limited by these sub-topics!)
- What does it mean to maintain a friendship in your marriage? And what does it take?
- Maintaining a sense of individual identity
- What are the biggest pitfalls in your marriage, and how do you remedy them?
- If you were to say this one thing is a game changer in your marriage, what would it be?
- The importance of sex in marriage
- His needs, her needs
- How do you manage varying levels of sex drives?
- How do you create an environment of intimacy during sex so that each person’s needs are being met?
- Scheduling sex dates, how to make space for sex with small children
Submission deadline: 3 July 2014
How to Submit
To add your voice to the conversation on marriage and sex, send your submission to content@MOPS.org.
For more information about the tone of our materials and our submission process go to www.mops.org/writers-guidelines. (Insider hint: We take these very seriously, so it’s important you take a peek before submitting.)
Just so you know, all articles are received on speculation. We will respond to all submissions when they are received to confirm submission and obtain submission agreement. If your article is selected for publishing, we will email you in advance with the date we will be publishing and the permalink.
And Since You Always Ask
Yes, you may send material that has been previously published. Just make sure it meets our editorial needs first. Because, again, we take those writer’s guidelines pretty seriously.