Submission Deadline: December 29, 2017
(800-900 word count)
It is a fact that freedom is contagious. That is why we are choosing to go first in order to spark a revolution of women who are choosing freedom over fear. Going first is about being courageous enough to take steps before you are ready, to share the details of your journey, extend invitations, conquer fears, and lead the way for friends and kids and family. In fact, one of the best ways to advocate for others’ freedom is to go first ourselves, and then we can share with courage and honesty because we have found the keys that can set others free. We will go first so that we can set other captives free.
- I was the first generation in my family to __________ (graduate college, move out of my small town, become a missionary, buy a home, etc.).
- I want my child(ren) to be the first to ___________.
- Breaking the cycle of generational disease, dysfunction, addiction.
- Activism has come at a cost (financially, socially, personal safety). I’ve sacrificed to make a difference in this area …
- Small acts of going first can make a huge impact. Describe a “small act” (within your family, marriage, community) that has changed your course or direction for the better.
- Beating addiction, healing from abortion or abuse, redeeming an abusive relationship.
- Born out of my own need, I started …
- I’ve never been a leader until …
- I have had to be an advocate for my child or myself in this area and look at the impact it’s made.
- I conquered my biggest fear and this is how I’m helping others conquer it too.
- Three things I’ve learned to conquer my fear.
- Either by choice or circumstance I am making a difference, tell us about it.
- I am a survivor (sexual abuse, addiction, post-abortive) and it has propelled me to freedom and to show others freedom.
How to submit
Send us your article at content@MOPS.org.
For more information about the tone of our materials and our submission process read our writer’s guidelines (Insider hint: We take these very seriously, so it’s important you take a peek before submitting.)
Just so you know, all articles are received on speculation. Regretfully, we are unable to respond to all submissions when they are received. However, if your article is selected for publishing, we will email you a submission agreement and the date we will be publishing.
And Since You Always Ask
Since this is a writing submission for The MOPS Magazine, we do not print articles that have been previously posted.
What About General Content?
Yes, we certainly accept general articles about parenting, mothering and woman-related issues. In fact, we’re always up for a good tear-jerker or one of those stories that gets us laughing. We welcome those submissions through the same submissions process, but we should tell you up front that since we’re a theme-based magazine, we only publish a few.