I actually like to use a 1/2 and 1/2 blend of turkey and ground beef whenever any recipe calls for ground beef. It’s just a little bit healthier and it produces a really yummy and less greasy tasting flavor if you know what I mean. Feel free to go all-turkey if you want.
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 4 bell peppers (choose your favorite color!)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can condenced tomato soup
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut off tops of peppers and remove seeds.
- Knead together turkey and beef with eggs, rice, onion, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and parsley.
- Stuff peppers with turkey mixture. Place into crockpot.
- Stir together garlic, tomato soup, diced tomatoes and sugar. Pour over stuffed peppers.
- Cook on low for 4 hrs or until thoroughly cooked. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Yield: Serves 4
Angela Gast isa modern, working mom who never dreamedshe would find joy in the kitchen. Sometimesshe finds more frustrations and smoke explosions than joy, but that’s why kitchens have exhaust fans. It’s been a challenge learning to cook for a family while raising toddlers and holding down a full time job. So, herblogis about capturing successes. It keeps her motivated and feels good to share her vetted recipes with others who may be in the same shoes.