Have your heart set on MOMcon, but you or your MOPS group are strapped for cash? No worries! We’ve put together a list of fundraising and budgeting tips from fellow mom campers:
- Restaurant Give-Back Night – Team up for a day with a restaurant or fast food chain for a portion of their proceeds to go toward your MOPS group.
- Cards for a Cause through Usborne Books – Hailed the most effective fundraiser by several MOPS mamas; you can get boxes of 30 for $30 tax free with your church’s ID. If you sell around 30, you make $13 per box.
- Bake Sale or Ice Cream Social – Donate baked goods to sell at a church event or host an ice cream family night.
- MOPS Garage Sale – Moms donate items such as baby clothing, items, gear to be sold for $1 to $5 (big ticket items are affordable as well). Ask to use the MOPS host church as the venue.
- MOPS Sponsors – Ask businesses to sponsor your group and put their promo items in MOPS swag bags for your group.
- Outdoor Movie Night – Host a fun family movie night with popcorn and glow-in-the dark necklaces..
- Touch-A-Truck Event – Invite the local fire department and farmers to park their firetrucks and tractors in your MOPS host church parking lot to let kids explore these cool trucks.
- Weekly Savings – Set aside $20/week. It adds up!
- Cash Rewards – Charge expenses to your credit card, then save your cash rewards to use toward MOMcon.
- MOMcon Letters – Send to family and church members. One mom raises $700-$1,000 each year.