Family pizza night is something everyone can look forward to and celebrate without breaking the bank – whether you’re a family of two or twelve!
Italian music optional.
Pizza cutter or knife
Store-bought pizza dough
Large can of tomato sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Your favorite pizza toppings: Italian sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, etc.
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Add tomato sauce to saucepan with freshly chopped basil and Italian spices. Set on medium-low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Portion out dough for each pizza. Dust rolling surface and dough with flour.
- Roll dough with rolling pin until each pizza is 6-8’’. Crust thickness can be decided based on preference. If dough is sticky, add more flour.
- Brush olive oil on each side of dough.
- Place pizzas on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- After dough is partially baked, remove from heat.
- Add sauce, cheese and other desired toppings to pizza.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and ingredients are cooked, about 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before cutting. Enjoy!
This article originally appeared in the Spring 2016 issue of Hello, Dearest. If you didn’t get a copy and would like your own, you can subscribe to get Hello, Dearest in your mailbox every season. If you subscribe, forward your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll shoot a copy of the current issue in the mail to you for free … just because we like you.