For many of us, visual clutter can make our environments feel chaotic. This often translates to a heart, mind, and body that feel cluttered and chaotic. Not a great breeding ground for patience! Here are a few simple steps for dealing with the visual clutter. We hope this helps give you a sense of breathing room in your home and in your mind!
- Pick one room to work on at a time.
- Grab a laundry basket, and fill it with everything that doesn’t belong in that room. Don’t put it away yet! Just set it down outside the door.
- Find a place for everything remaining in the room. If you don’t have enough space, you might consider sending a few things to another place in your home, or to the donation pile.
- Gather cleaning supplies and get to work. Start high (think ceiling fans and windows) and move towards the floor. Make sure to tackle forgotten spots like door frames and switch plates. Finish with those soul-satisfying vacuum lines.
- Sit back and enjoy the calm, peaceful space you just created. And save that laundry basket full of items for another day!